Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree




I had always envisioned the first Christmas I would spend as a newly wed would begin by decorating our Christmas tree together as White Christmas played in the background and we drank coco and maybe even sat and strung popcorn together. Well, this fantasy did not come true, but I have to say that the events that unfolded the night we decorated our tree where much more memorable. First off, our tree trunk was too skinny to be held in place with the bolts that came with our tree stand. Shane had to cut two blocks to hold our tree in place in the tree stand . Second, our tree limbs were a lot more weak and couldn't really hold as many lights as I would have liked. Third, when we got to the last part of the tree half of the last stran of lights went out. This did not put me in the best of moods. Poor Shane. We finally got everything to work. We rearranged the lights and got the tree to stand up straight. It was quite the ordeal. But I do have to admit our tree is beautiful! The moral of this story is that I will be saving up this next year, and when the time comes I will be purchasing a beautiful pre-lite artificial tree and a vast supply of evergreen Yankee Candles!!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your tree! So pretty, good job!

jessica said...

Have your self a Merry Little Christmas! It's all about character.