After you go through a trial have you ever thought to yourself, "Well, I'm glad that's over with. That was really hard, but I got through it." and then you move on remembering but no necessarily dwelling on it. I felt that way last summer and fall, as we dealt with the after affects of Shane having his seizure in June. I think I honestly thought that there really wasn't a possibility of him having another one. At least I had made myself believe it. Maybe it was a coping mechanism. Wednesday afternoon my sister-in-law called after school to let me know Shane had had another seizure. I was more than horrified as I sobbed in the office as I waited for Joni to pick me up. I was so scared for Shane, for my sweetheart and Colson's daddy. I had no details so of course I imagined the worst. Shane had been cleaning off the beet planter when it happened. He had been on his knees so he didn't drop too far, which is a blessing for him. The Lord I know was watching over him, because his cousin Blair was there with him and was able to keep his airways open after the seizure had happened. Blair also got on the radio to call for help. How blessed he was. He got released from the hospital, but had pain over every inch of his body. He's feeling much better now but his shoulder is still hurt and he can't move it certain ways without being in extreme pain. We go back to our Neurologist on Monday. We still don't know why the seizures have happened, but we're praying that we can find something soon. Until then we're just counting our blessings.
3 comments:
You guys are in our prayer! We love you and hope everything will improve keep us posted!
Boo. We are so sorry, hope you guys get some answers this time. We will be praying for you!
Oh Heidi! I am so sorry your family has to go through this. Please know that my prayers are with you!
Post a Comment