Friday, December 16, 2011

One Potato,Two Potato, Three Potato, Four!

Yes, yes it's true our little family has now grown from three to four!!! We had our 2nd little boy on December 10th at 10:45 am. He was due December 26th. Kellen Clint Polatis


Kellen is named after my mom. Months ago as we were going through lists of names I randomly took my mom's 1st initial -K- and added it to her middle name Ellen... and there you go Kellen! It turned out that it was a real name! His middle name is Clint. We decided to give him this name in honor of Shane's oldest brother who past away.


For those of you who are interested in his birthday story.....

Kellen wanted to come see us in November, but lucky for us we held his birthday off for about a month. Around midnight (morning) of the 10th I started to have minor contractions. Within the next couple of hours they got stronger. Soon tears started coming with every contraction so Shane decided that we needed to call our "night duty" to come watch Colson. Shane's friend Scott came over and boy was he excited. Both him and Shane were so excited as I sat there in pain on the couch. They kept saying isn't this exciting Heidi?! I just scowled at them informing them it was a little more exciting for them at the moment because they weren't in any pain.


On the way to the hospital my contractions got a little lighter, so I was frustrated that it might be a false alarm. I kept telling Shane that I refused to go into the hospital until I had another really bad contraction. Well, once on the freeway and then again as we pulled into the parking lot of the hospital I was reminded that YES I WAS in labor and YES it was very painful.


After we checked in and got settled they moved me from observation into the Labor and Delivery room. It was a pretty swiftly moving labor. My contractions got pretty bad, I got my epidural as soon as they anesthesiologist got to the hospital, they broke my water and within the next hour or so we were ready to have a baby. I went from a 5 to a 10 within 45 minutes so that was nice not having to wait around for that.


After the doctor came in it was about 3 to 4 pushes and sweet little Kellen was here. This delivery was soooooo much easier than my first and my first wasn't too bad at all. We feel very lucky and blessed that everything went as well as it did. My nurses were wonderful and Shane was fantastic!


We're all at home now and aside from random moments when my irrational monster rears it's ugly head and makes me weepy and a little nuts (Got to love the post-prego hormones right?!)things are going great!



All snuggled in his car seat!

6 lbs 7 ounces
19 inches

Nap time with dad




5 Days old already back up to his birth weight!




And of course happy big brother! Colson loves Kellen. He's still only held him once, but loves to rub his head and point to all of his baby sized features and name them.

The funniest thing is that he laughs hysterically when Kellen toots or poops. He thinks it's the funniest thing ever! I tell you he's all boy!


Last but not least Colson trying to make snow angels in our living room. He saw someone on TV making one and he decided that he wanted to try too!


3 comments:

Nate and Joelle said...

Yay! So cute. I'm glad everything went so smoothly.

Sarah Turpin said...

He is sooo so cute! I love the name kellen. Congrats again guys! and little Colson!

Andrea said...

I love the name Heidi! I'm so happy for you! Congrats on the new addition