Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chinese Fighting Muffins


So as it happens, Shane had to be up at work early today to tape the school athletes for their Saturday games. So me being the nice wife that I am asked him if he wanted me to make him breakfast. I set off to the kitchen to make our usual Saturday morning muffins (asking Shane first when he was leaving so I could make sure they'd be ready in enough time). As I dumped all the ingredients into the mixing bowl I went to get two eggs and to my surprise ...NO EGGS! Now this is a common occurrence in our house. For that reason I started buying eggs by the 18 so I wouldn't have to go to the store as often. Anyway I decided to go ahead and just leave the eggs out. How bad could they really turn out? Well, as I pulled them out of the oven I could see that they were the flattest muffins I had ever seen. As well as flat on top, they were pretty dense. Right away the movie scene from Charlie's Angel's flashed in my head, when Lucy Lue cooks the muffins and the other angles throw them at the door and the muffins crash through the door. Even though they were flat and dense they still tasted pretty darn good! Too bad Shane decided to go to work early and leave me with 12 Chinese Fighting Muffins to eat by myself!

1 comment:

jessica said...

Your Chinese fighting muffins look great. They also might work well to break a window. heheheh.