Friday, December 12, 2008

The Perfect Tree

So we decided that for our first Christmas together we would be festive and spend a weekend up in Island Park at the cabin and look for a Christmas tree and cut it down. Now some background would be nice. I grew up in a househome where we did not have a real tree. My mother would light Salt City candles that smelt like evergreen trees and stick the Yankee Candle car air fresheners in our fake tree to try and make our tree as real feeling as possible. So when it came to getting a real one this year, I was pretty excited.

We went with some friends of ours and soon found our tree. It was perfect. It was even symetrical unlike most of the trees which were bare on one side. Shane took the saw to it and threw it in our tabagan and we pulled it back to the Jeeps! The experience was different for sure, it will make for great memories. At least for this year there will be no evergreen sented candles in our house!














1 comment:

jessica said...

Okay our memories are very different. I grew up in a house where we only had real trees...until Panama happened and mom bought an over priced tree that was already dead, "Christmas with the Kranks" much? Brian and Casey kept getting at the pine needles. I love your tree!!!