I really do have to say that as I look back over this summer we have had angels among us in our home. Not only in our home but some that travel with us. First off I'm so blessed that Shane is safe and well. (He's only had one bad day since his seizure!) There were truly angels by my side as I had to endure that ordeal. Second I'm grateful for angels in the form of people around us. Our cousin Courtney came to our rescue and told us she would love to watch Colson for us when I started teaching!!!! To all you mamas who have had to work I'm sure you know my utter delight knowing that someone I trusted would watch my sweet little baby and love them and keep him safe!!!! It has made these first days so much easier on me.
Third I feel blessed that I'm even here sitting blogging. This past Saturday I decided to make a quick trip to Pocatello to a teacher store to get classroom stuff. On the way back I was driving on I-15 and an idiot, and calling them an idiot is a nice way to put it, decided to come to a complete stop in the left hand lane to use one of the emergency exits. (Which by the way is a misdemeanour and $1000 fine and up to a year in prison) So anyway I was far enough back to break, but doing so fishtailed my car and then flung me into a 360 in which I proceeded to skid sideways across the interstate in between cars. (There were cars and trucks everywhere!) After one 360 once again my car spun in the other direction into a 360 again and I proceeded to skid sideways on the interstate again. I ended up breaking to a stop in the borrow pit on the right hand side of the road when a Uhaul semi missed me by literally a few inches. I was praying the entire time, as my sweet baby boy sat strapped in his car seat sleeping, only to wake up after the car came to a halt because he had been woke. As I jumped out of my car to get Colson a BLM Ranger who had seen me in this rear view mirror pulled in behind me while another couple who had been 3 cars behind me and had seen it all stopped to see if I was all right. All of them couldn't believe we had made it out alive let alone with no scrapes or scratches. Our car was perfectly fine! The cops sent out a description of the vehicle and the cops monitored the interstate south and then out to Twin Falls to try and get the car. They also sent the Fort Hall Reservation cops to search the REZ. To my knowledge they never found the driver who almost killed me and my son. That night as Shane and I talked it was weird because I had such feelings of peace. I had been through a traumatic experience but yet here my family was safe unharmed and in bed tucked in for the night. I know angels are among us there is no doubt. I'm sure they're by our sides as we go through our day to day struggles. I'm sure they are lifting us up and carrying us when we feel like we can't walk one more step. I know my Father in Heaven is aware of me and my family and races to help me when I need heavenly help. And I am sure without a doubt that I am the recipient of His sweet, peaceful power as he watches over me everyday of my life whether I am aware or not. Count your many blessings name them one by one, it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! What a summer Heidi! I'm so glad you're safe!!! We had a similar experience doing 360's across the freeway, but snow was involved. I can only imagine the relief you felt when you realized everything was okay. Good luck teaching this school year! I'm glad you found such great day care.
Wow. I'm so happy you made it out of that ok. Someone really was watching out for you!
Wow, Heidi!! I am so glad that everything is okay. You have really had one heck of a summer. Miss ya!!
Post a Comment