Monday, August 22, 2011

3,2,1 Blast Off!!!!!!!

When we found out we were having a boy I immediately started to think about the type of room the boys would share. I had to be a little creative, because living in an apartment, the boy's room is not very big at all. I'm not a big fan of animals like zoo themes or monkey themed etc so I decided to ask Colson what type of room he'd like. Now he's almost three so it's not like he could give me a straight answer, but my little Colson LOVES stars. So from that I decided to make the boys room a star/space/rocket room. The best thing about it is it's completely done! I'm all set for this little baby to get here.


This is the star mobile I made from scratch. Except for the novelty star light. I bought that online and them wrapped it in seam binding. Each star on the top of each planet has the planet's name. Colson loves when we plug this in at night and his whole room glows.


Since the room is so small I couldn't get one nice big picture, so you'll just have to piece it together in your head. Here's Colson's bed and toy chest and star rug. Might I add I put the bed together all by myself.... it only took 3 hours lol. I'm feeling like quite the handy gal. We were going to get Colson a twin bed, but once again the room is so small it would have taken up much needed play space for him.



The lovely rocking chair my parents gave us to use for all of our kids. I love rocking Colson in this chair even though there's not too much room on my lap anymore.



Last but not least the baby crib and dresser. I was so excited when I found matching bedding for the boys. Colson is already talking about how the baby is going to sleep in the crib. I still might make some curtains, but I'm not quite sure yet. I guess if I get really board one day this fall it might get put on my list of things to do!


4 comments:

Nate and Joelle said...

I love all of it!! Minus the fact you hate the animal themes because I totally dig them! But we can still be friends.

Katie said...

Super cute room. I need to change things around in the boys' room I just don't have time or any ideas. Love the stars.

Marianne & Clayton said...

That mobile is so dang cute! Great job! Cute room too. I love to see what people have done.

Sarah Turpin said...

That room is too cute! We are excited for your new little one on way! and miss you guys